Landscape Architect / Senior Designer
Who is OKRA?
OKRA is a leading design agency for landscape architecture and urban design. In the 25 years of its existence, OKRA has established itself in the Netherlands and abroad with valuable visions and designs for public spaces. OKRA works on challenging projects that give direction to the healthy city and integral transformations of coasts and rivers. In 2021, 40 employees are working in an international multidisciplinary team on award-winning local and international projects.
What we expect from you
- You are a versatile, talented landscape architect / senior designer with an excellent command of the English language in word and writing (Dutch is a plus);
- You have a master’s degree in the field of landscape design or landscape architecture;
- You have at least five years of relevant work experience;
- You can carry out and design projects independently, can manage employees and maintain contact with clients;
- You are familiar with design requirements and compiling design documentation and cost estimates;
- You have a thorough knowledge of design processes and experience of working in multidisciplinary design teams;
- You have strong analytical skills and are keen on structuring the design story;
- You are interested in innovative and sustainable design practices;
- You are skilled in working with AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign;
- You are an initiating person, and you can communicate easily.
What to expect from us
- An inspiring and creative modern working environment in a historic building on the Oudegracht, right in the middle of Utrecht’s historic centre;
- A social working environment with a joint lunch in the yard cellar, or (when the weather allows) in the office garden or along the canal and nice, motivated colleagues who like to enjoy a drink with each other after work;
- A flexible organisation, in which working partly at the office in Utrecht and partly from home is possible, also after corona;
- A fixed-term contract for 32-40 hours per week with the possibility of permanent employment;
- Employment conditions following the collective labour agreement for Dutch architectural firms.
Please send your cover letter, CV and portfolio to email@example.com.