German-speaking landscape architect / (senior) designer (32-40h)
OKRA works on award-winning projects in the Netherlands and abroad, ranging from implementation designs to large-scale area visions. OKRA is looking for a German-speaking (senior) designer for a growing number of projects and opportunities in Germany. Would you like to work with a great team on challenging projects? Then continue reading.
WHO IS OKRA?
OKRA is a leading design agency for landscape architecture and urbanism, dedicated to designing healthy cities and climate-adaptive public spaces. We are a multidisciplinary, international team, working in a creative, young and collaborative environment. For the past twenty-five years, we have focused on transforming cities and landscapes for the people who use them worldwide.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
As a (senior) designer, you will determine the main lines of the design together with the project leader and take care of its implementation. As a (senior) designer, you have mastered the entire design process, from analysis to concept to design and detailing. You give shape to our high ambitions without losing sight of feasibility and constructability. You know how to present design proposals clearly in words and images, and you are aware of the different target groups you communicate with. You are familiar with the challenges in climate adaptation and biodiversity and know how to translate these into design interventions. As a senior designer, you are versatile and can work on projects both individually and in teams, and you supervise junior designers and interns where necessary. You will be an integral part of the team working on Dutch and international projects, with a focus on the German (speaking) market.
WHAT WE EXPECT OF YOU
- You are a versatile, talented landscape architect / senior designer; a good command of German and English in word and writing. Good command of the Dutch language is an advantage;
- You have completed education in the field of landscape design or landscape architecture (college or university);
- You have at least 3 years of relevant work experience; or 5 years for a sr. designer;
- you can independently execute and design projects, manage employees and maintain contact with clients;
- you are familiar with design requirements and drawing up design documentation
- you have a good knowledge of design processes and experience of working in multidisciplinary design teams;
- You have good analytical skills and are keen on structuring the design story;
- You are interested in innovative and sustainable design practices;
- You are skilled in working with AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign;
- you are an initiating person and easy to communicate with.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- An inspiring and creative modern working environment in a monumental building on the Oudegracht, right in the middle of Utrecht’s historic centre;
- A social working environment with fun, engaged colleagues who enjoy a drink together after work;
- a flexible organisation, in which working partly at the office in Utrecht and partly from home is possible;
- a fixed-term contract for 32-40 hours a week with the possibility of a permanent contract;
- employment conditions in accordance with the collective labour agreement for architects.
Please send your motivation letter, CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org t.a.v. Wim Voogt.
Acquisition to this job post will not be considered.