Jobs & Internships
PR & Communications professional
OKRA is looking for a PR and communications professional to join our team in Utrecht.
OKRA is an award-winning design office for landscape architecture and urbanism, dedicated to healthy living and climate-adaptive public realm. We are a multi-disciplinary international team, working in a creative, young and collaborative environment. Over the last twenty-five years we have focused on the transformation of cities and landscapes for the people who use them, all over the world. Some of our key projects include the coastal zone Katwijk, the Cutty Sark Gardens in London, the winning competition for Re-Think Athens in Greece and the recently completed Jaarbeursplein in Utrecht.
For the role of PR & Communications professional, we are looking for a pro-active storyteller with excellent writing skills. In this position, you will play a pivotal role in the development of our communication strategy for our firm. You will develop and execute our communication and PR strategy, as well as all publication material for our digital media. You will work across a range of media and create new marketing material, using your good eye for graphics and ability to find the core of the story to be told. You will need to be able to take initiative and execute ideas independently, while working efficiently in a team and optimizing the workflow related to publicity and communications.
Principle responsibilities include:
- Developing a system for communicating the story behind our designs in a consistent, appealing way
- Developing and executing our social media / online communication strategy
- Updating and developing our website
- Contributing to publications and graphics on social media
- Reviewing publication opportunities online/offline
- Writing press material and communication with the press
- Reviewing significant lectures, events and seminars to attend
- Developing and maintaining a library of marketing materials in support of business development activities
What we ask:
- You have 2 to 5 years’ experience in developing communications, PR and social media strategies
- You have an understanding of and affinity with landscape architecture, urban planning and design
- You have an HBO or Masters in the PR / Communications field, or Architectural background with significant experience in developing PR & communications strategies
- You have a good eye for graphics and excellent use of: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, WordPress
- You are fluent in both Dutch and English, French is a plus
- You are available for 24-32 hours per week (hours are flexible)
What we can offer you:
A dynamic and creative position with possibilities to implement and develop your communication talents in a pleasant, international working environment. You are given the responsibility to develop a new communication and social media strategy. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and related to the architecten CAO.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and motivation letter before Friday 21thof June to email@example.com
If you are looking for an internship, we would like to receive:
- Letter of motivation, start and end dates of the internship
- CV, including your personal experience and knowledge of software
The minimum duration of an internship is 100 working days. The minimum level of education university.
We would like to receive your request by email, f.a.o. Wim Voogt.
The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
In May and November we have interviews.
NB: We will not always send a confirmation that we have received your application. We will contact you again if we are interested in further information or an interview. As we receive a large number of applications we are not able to answer all of them individually.